Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Sneak Peak at the New W South Beach – WOW

Last week I had the opportunity to get a “sneak peak” tour of the new W South Beach, which is scheduled to open on July 4th, 2009. I have a client that purchased one of the amazing beach houses, complete with a private rooftop plunge pool, outdoor shower and even an outdoor summer kitchen. He arranged a tour for me last week and asked me to snap a few photos.

Wow! It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen in Miami. In case you don’t know about this high profile project, the W South Beach is located just north of the Setai, on 22nd street and Collins Avenue. This oceanfront resort is not only a super lux hotel, but is also being sold as a condo-hotel. This means, unit owners have the option of putting their unit into the hotel program, which allows management to lease it out while you are not using it.

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you can just tell that the developers went all out. The design, furniture, artwork and even the doors are amazing. This is a full service luxury resort complete with restaurants, bars, nightclubs, spa, etc. and from just being there for a few moments, I know it is destined to be the hottest spot in town. Everything was done in the best taste and it looked very expensive…which it is.

As I walked out onto the pool deck I noticed how well everything was designed. There is a huge infinity-edge pool with great landscaping and multiple seating areas. What really stood out though, was how well the outdoor space was laid out. It didn’t seem too cramped, like you might find at some of the other resorts here in South Beach. Keep in the mind the pool furniture wasn’t set up yet, so I am basing this only on what I saw at the time. And the fact that the pool is also on the ground level, allows for easy direct beach access. This is a huge plus.

After the tour of the pool, I was allowed access into my client’s unit. The minute I opened the front door, I was impressed. White washed wood floors, oversized white spiral staircase and direct views of the Atlantic Ocean. The contrast of the white room and the turquoise water was beautiful and it had a very tropical feeling to it. The interior was a little on the small side with just over 790 sq.ft. of indoor living space. It is an oversized studio and consists of one large open living space and does not have a full size kitchen. But, it does have over 1,000 square feet of terraces and for those of you that live here, you know that we locals spend most of our time outdoors anyways.

The outdoor space was spectacular. There are two huge terraces, both of which are direct oceanfront. The downstairs terrace has an outdoor shower and designer furniture, most of which has not been delivered yet. The upstairs terrace was huge and had a small plunge pool, summer kitchen and lots of seating areas. On top of this, you looked directly over the pool so you can always see the action below.

While this may not be suitable as a long-term residence, it is perfect as a weekend getaway spot or bachelor pad. My client actually bought this unit for this exact reason.

Overall, the new W South Beach is amazing and I cannot wait to see it when it is complete. If you are interested in learning more about this property or would like to see more of my photos, please send me an email. Thanks- Josh


Fontainbleau Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment